Experienced Plater/Production Line Operator
The overall purpose or objective of this position:
- Plater must be able to perform plating operations of metal parts to specifications required
- Process will consist of zinc plating, passivation on stainless steel or chromate conversion on aluminum
- May work in manual and automated process
- Must work in the capacity of plater as well as racking or packing parts when necessary
Duties & Responsibilities
- Accomplishes quality and organizational mission by completing assigned tasks as directed.
- Set-up, start-up and operate plating or coating equipment to clean and coat metal products with zinc and chromate. Knowledge of electrolytic plating is required.
- Is able to operate a hoist to move product in and out of plating solutions in order to perform the plating process.
- Confers with supporting production staff and or supervisors if instructions are not understood.
- Removes work pieces from devices: hooks, racks, etc.
- Examines work pieces for plating defects.
- Dries work pieces via compressed air station.
- Mark and label work pieces in boxes, cartons, containers using marking tools.
- Measure, weigh, count parts and verify.
- Records parts, packaging and other information on designated forms and/or records.
Details and Requirements
- This position is an hourly position with competitive wages.
- The hours are Monday – Friday, and positions are available on all three shifts.
- Optional overtime on weekends is also available.
- Candidates must have at least one year experience as a plater.
- This position requires someone who is self-motivated, has the ability to multi-task, and is able to understand and take direction.
- Also this person must be able to tolerate warehouse conditions including noise, heat, humidity and dust.
Job Type: Full-time